Akhilesh Yadav And Navjot Singh Sidhu Most Talked About Candidates on Facebook
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav/File photo
As the assembly elections fight in five states enters the crucial stage, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has emerged as the most talked about candidate on Facebook followed by Navjot Singh Sidhu who recently joined the Congress party in Punjab.
According to the data provided by the social networking website, BJP candidate L Bashanta Singh (Bhim) from Manipur is at the third spot, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat is trending at fourth and Elvis Gomes, Aam Aadmi Party's Chief Minister candidate for Goa, is part of the discussion threads at the fifth spot.
Based on the number of unique people discussing a particular issue, the Facebook data also provides an insight about the top political issues people are talking about on the platform, the company said in a statement.
"About 52 percent of the target audience are talking about defence, while nearly 30 percent of the same sample consider crime to be an important issue in this election," it added.
These are followed by industry (22.18 percent), health and welfare (18.6 percent), economy (14.46 percent), tax (14.27 percent), transport (5.14 percent), pension (4.56 percent) and education (3.05 percent).
Recommended For You
- Rana Daggubati Makes a Shocking Revelation, Says He Is Blind From Right Eye
- Kenny Sebastian Interviews Chris Pratt and The Fanboy In Him Does The Talking
- Anushka Sharma: Not Just Acting, She Is Also Versatile When It Comes To Fashion
- Salman Khan's Tubelight Might Not Release on Eid in Pakistan
- Azlan Shah 2017: Harmanpreet Singh - The Next Big Thing of Indian Hockey