Alibaba is Not Acquiring Snapdeal
People walk past a company logo at the Alibaba Group headquarters in Hangzhou, in eastern China's Zhejiang province. (Photo: AP)
China's Alibaba Group Holding is not buying Indian e-commerce company Snapdeal and is not in talks to do so, a person familiar with the matter said, dampening talk that an acquisition was in the works.
This comes after Alibaba's talks over a potential buyout went cold with India's Flipkart.
Chinese e-commerce major Alibaba tried buying out Snapdeal to set up a new battlefront with global rival Amazon.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Virender Sehwag Accepts Commentary Challenge from Sunny Leone
- Andrew Tye Ruled of IPL 2017 With a Dislocated Shoulder
- Priyanka to Rajkummar: Bollywood Actors Who've Mastered Roles in Disguise
- Azlan Shah 2017: Harmanpreet Slams Brace As India Blank Kiwis 3-0
- Jennifer Lopez's Latest Outfit Proves There's No One As Bold As Her