Alibaba is Not Acquiring Snapdeal
People walk past a company logo at the Alibaba Group headquarters in Hangzhou, in eastern China's Zhejiang province. (Photo: AP)
China's Alibaba Group Holding is not buying Indian e-commerce company Snapdeal and is not in talks to do so, a person familiar with the matter said, dampening talk that an acquisition was in the works.
This comes after Alibaba's talks over a potential buyout went cold with India's Flipkart.
Chinese e-commerce major Alibaba tried buying out Snapdeal to set up a new battlefront with global rival Amazon.
Recommended For You
- BOOM BOOM BECKERTennis Legend Boris Becker to Visit India in December
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review: A Complete Budget Android Phone Under Rs 10,000
- On Fire!Koffee With Karan: Parineeti Outshines Aditya With Her Wit And Charm
- SPIN TO WINIndia vs England: Wankhede Track Will Be Slow Turner, Says MCA Source
- Can't wait!Koffee With Karan: The 100th Episode Featuring Salman Khan is Going to be 'Khantastic'