Apple iPhone 7 to be Available From Oct 7, 7PM
The new iPhones will be available in Black, Gold, Jet Black, Rose Gold, and Silver colour options. (Image: Jack Taylor / AFP)
The wait is finally over. Apple’s latest iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will be available in India starting October 7, 7PM across Apple authorised resellers in the country. Earlier, iPhone 6s and 6 series were introduced at midnight to attract true Apple fanbois. However, this time Apple wants to reach more people during the launch at a more convenient time.
What are the prices?
Apple iPhone 7 (32GB): Rs 60,000
Apple iPhone 7 (128GB): Rs 70,000
Apple iPhone 7 (256GB): Rs 80,000
Apple iPhone 7 Plus (32GB): Rs 72,000
Apple iPhone 7 Plus (128GB): Rs 82,000
Apple iPhone 7 Plus (256GB): Rs 92,000
The new iPhones will be available in Black, Gold, Jet Black, Rose Gold, and Silver colour options. Note that the Jet Black colour variants of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will be available only with 128GB and 256GB versions.
The iPhone 7 features a 4.7-inch Retina HD display with wide colour gamut and a new home button which is now force-sensitive and comes with Taptic Engine.
Apple has ditched the analogue 3.5mm headphone jack for a lightning connector port that doubles up for charging. The company is also offering a separate lightning to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter in the box.
Along with the new port for headphones, Apple also introduced new product - the Apple Airpods - wireless earphones that deliver an audio experience up to 24 hours of total listening. It is priced at Ts 15,400 and will be sold separately.
The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are water and dust resistant. The bigger iPhone 7 Plus comes with dual rear camera module. It features two 12 megapixel sensors in the rear with two-tone flash and quad-LED. It is further boosted by 7 megapixel FaceTime HD camera. Apple has further boosted the audio experience by embedding stereo speakers in the new flagship device.
At its heart is the newest A10 Fusion chipset with 64-bit four-core CPU, which is claimed to be twice as fast as the A8 chipset.
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- Tata Sons Disbands Group Executive Council Set up by Cyrus Mistry
- Cyrus Mistry Removed as Chairman, Ratan Tata Takes Interim Charge
- 'Cyrus Mistry Replaced in Long-term Interest of Tata Sons'
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 5
- Quetta Terror Attack: Lashkar-e-Jhangvi Suspected To Be Behind The Deadly Assault
- Quetta Terror: How The Suicide Attack That Claimed Over 60 Lives Panned Out