DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Asus Zenfone 3 Max to be Made in India
Asus Zenfone 3 Max. (Image: News18.com)
Reiterating its commitment to the Make in India initiative, Taiwanese smartphone maker Asus on Tuesday announced plans to manufacture newly-launched Zenfone 3 Max smartphone in the country.
The company will manufacture the smartphone at its facility in Daman (Union Territory of Daman and Diu) and the production will start from December 2016, the company said in a statement.
"Besides our headquarters in Taiwan, India is among the most important markets for us and we are constantly looking to strengthen our presence and operations in the country," said Peter Chang, Region Head, South Asia and Country Manager for Asus India.
This will be the third smartphone to be locally manufactured by Asus after it initiated production of Zenfone 2 Laser and Zenfone Go last year.
The smartphone comes in two variants -- 5.5-inch (ZC553KL) and 5.2-inch (ZC520TL) -- and features 16MP/8MP and 13MP/5MP rear+front cameras, respectively.
The device sports 2.5D contoured glass touchscreen in a sandblasted aluminium alloy metal body and houses a 4,100mAh battery.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Roger Moore Had Prouder Achievements Than Playing James Bond
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish