BHIM UPI App Records 10 Million Downloads: PM Narendra Modi
The Prime Minister said the mobile-based application, launched to promote digital transactions, achieved the 10-million-downloads-mark within a span of only 10 days. (Photo: Soumyadip Choudhury/News18.com)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday disclosed that the recently launched BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) mobile application has recorded 10 million downloads.
The Prime Minister said the mobile-based application, launched to promote digital transactions, achieved the 10-million-downloads-mark within a span of only 10 days.
"Delighted to know that in a span of 10 days there have been over 10 million downloads of the BHIM App. BHIM App has made transactions faster and easier, thus making it popular among the youth. The App is also beneficial for traders," an official statement cited the Prime Minister as saying.
"The BHIM App is a fine example of Make in India and how technology is being effectively used to end the menace of corruption and black money."
On December 30, 2016, Prime Minister Modi had launched the BHIM mobile app.
At that time, the Prime Minister had said that BHIM app -- a re-branded version of UPI (Unified Payment Interface) and USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) -- will promote and make digital transactions easier.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology