Canada's Shopify Launches New Wireless Card Reader
Canadian e-commerce software maker Shopify Inc said has launched a new wireless card reader in the United States. (Image: Reuters)
Canadian e-commerce software maker Shopify Inc said has launched a new wireless card reader in the United States.
The rates charged will be about 2.4% per swipe, and the device will compete with the likes of Jack Dorsey-led Square Inc's card reader, which costs merchants at least 2.75% per swipe.
Shopify said the card reader supports iOS and Android operating systems and will support Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards, among others.
Shopify's card reader will be sold for $29 at Shopify hardware stores. Square's wireless card reader retails at $49.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan Ready to Sell his Pyjama to Buy MS Dhoni in IPL 2018
- Virat Kohli Drinks Water Worth 600 Per Litre to Stay Fit
- Salman Khan Fires Three of His Bodyguards; Retains Shera
- PCB Taking Legal Recourse Against BCCI: Najam Sethi
- Priyanka Chopra Looks Flawless During Her Outing At The Facebook Office