Canada's Shopify Launches New Wireless Card Reader
Canadian e-commerce software maker Shopify Inc said has launched a new wireless card reader in the United States. (Image: Reuters)
Canadian e-commerce software maker Shopify Inc said has launched a new wireless card reader in the United States.
The rates charged will be about 2.4% per swipe, and the device will compete with the likes of Jack Dorsey-led Square Inc's card reader, which costs merchants at least 2.75% per swipe.
Shopify said the card reader supports iOS and Android operating systems and will support Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards, among others.
Shopify's card reader will be sold for $29 at Shopify hardware stores. Square's wireless card reader retails at $49.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 Review: Can It Beat the iPhone 7 Plus Dual Camera?
- Ireland, Afghanistan Awarded Test Match Status by ICC
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Ahead of Tubelight Release, Know More About Salman Khan’s Biggest Hits
- 2-Minute Exercise: Gauahar Khan Talks About The Benefits of Squats