China Launches Record-Breaking Swarm of Drones
This image is for representational purpose. (Image: REUTERS/Mike Blake)
China has launched a swarm of 119 fixed-wing unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), breaking the previous record of 67 drones, an official said on Sunday.
According to the China Electronics Technology Group Corp (CETC), the 119 drones performed catapult-assisted take-offs and formations in the sky, reports Xinhua news agency.
The "swarm intelligence" is regarded as the core of artificial intelligence of unmanned systems and the future of intelligent unmanned systems.
Watch The Tech And Auto Show: Episode 2
Zhao Yanjie, an engineer with CETC, said since drones were invented in 1917, intelligent swarms have become a disruptive force to "change rules of the game".
Recommended For You
- Jagga Jasoos: Katrina, Ranbir Look Adorable in the New Song Jhumritalaiyya
- Hockey World League: India Thrash Pak 6-1, to Face Canada in 5th-6th Playoff
- Jaguar Teases E-pace, to Make Global Debut on July 13th
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Watch: Tubelight Kid Matin Rey Tangu's Adorable Audition Footage