Consumers in West Bengal Can Now Pay Electricity Bill With Vodafone M-Pesa
Vodafone M-Pesa has partnered with two electricity distribution companies CESC & WBSEDCL, offering easy-to-use option to pay electricity bills. (Image: Reuters)
Electricity consumers in West Bengal, of both CESC and state-owned WBSEDCL, can pay their bills instantly through Vodafone M-Pesa.
"Vodafone M-Pesa has partnered with two electricity distribution companies CESC & WBSEDCL, offering easy-to-use option to pay their electricity bills instantly through a cashless, secure platform for electricity bill payments with the largest network of agents (or CashIn Points) to enable digitisation of money," a Vodafone statement said.
Vodafone has more than 16,000 outlets or CashIn Points including Vodafone company owned stores, franchisees, and multi-brand outlets in the state. These CashIn Points provide convenience and ease to Customers to convert cash into digital money facilitating digital payment of Bills and e-commerce, the company said.
The release does not speak about charges for the electricity payment, if any. M-Pesa is available for both smartphones and feature phone users.
Recommended For You
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic Stunned by Denis Istomin
- Proud to Say I've Always Respected Women: SRK
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Officially Launched in India At a Starting Price of Rs 9,999
- 5 Upcoming Smartphones With 8GB RAM: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, HTC 11 And More
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment