DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Consumers in West Bengal Can Now Pay Electricity Bill With Vodafone M-Pesa
Vodafone M-Pesa has partnered with two electricity distribution companies CESC & WBSEDCL, offering easy-to-use option to pay electricity bills. (Image: Reuters)
Electricity consumers in West Bengal, of both CESC and state-owned WBSEDCL, can pay their bills instantly through Vodafone M-Pesa.
"Vodafone M-Pesa has partnered with two electricity distribution companies CESC & WBSEDCL, offering easy-to-use option to pay their electricity bills instantly through a cashless, secure platform for electricity bill payments with the largest network of agents (or CashIn Points) to enable digitisation of money," a Vodafone statement said.
Vodafone has more than 16,000 outlets or CashIn Points including Vodafone company owned stores, franchisees, and multi-brand outlets in the state. These CashIn Points provide convenience and ease to Customers to convert cash into digital money facilitating digital payment of Bills and e-commerce, the company said.
The release does not speak about charges for the electricity payment, if any. M-Pesa is available for both smartphones and feature phone users.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- With An Arched Brow, Roger Moore Found Humor In Bond, Life
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO