Cyber-Attack on Britain's Talktalk
TalkTalk becomes the latest victim of Cyber-Security. (Image: REUTERS/Stefan Wermuth)
A cyber-attack on Britain's Talktalk Telecom Group PLC broadband affected "a small number of customer routers" on Thursday, the company said in a statement.
"Along with other Internet Service Providers in the UK and abroad, we are taking steps to review the potential impacts of the Mirai worm", Talktalk said, adding it has put additional controls in place.
Mirai is a malicious software which in October cut off access to some of the world's best-known websites, including Twitter and Spotify.
A cyber-attack affecting some types of routers hit around 100,000 of Britain's Post Office broadband customers on Sunday, Post Office said in a statement on Thursday.
The company added, "Although this did result in service problems, no personal data or devices have been compromised. We have identified the source of the problem and implemented a resolution."
On Tuesday the German government and commercial security experts said hundreds of thousands of Deutsche Telekom AG customers suffered internet outages as a result of a worldwide attempt to hijack routing devices.
Recommended For You
- CLUB WORLD CUPFIFA Club World Cup: Real Madrid Eye Record 21st International Title in Japan
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size