Delhi Metro Airport Express Line Gets High Speed Free Wi-Fi
Representative Image. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) on Friday inaugurated free Wi-Fi service on its Airport Express line at the Shivaji Stadium metro station here.
The Wi-Fi service will be provided to all commuters throughout the 22.7-km length of the Airport Express line which has six stations in all. DMRC Managing Director Mangu Singh inaugurated the Wi-Fi facility which is labelled "Oui DMRC Free Wi-Fi".
To use the facility, commuters will have to search for Wi-Fi connections on their phone and select "Oui DMRC Free Wi-Fi" from among those available. "Oui" is a French word which means "yes".
For the facility, DMRC tied up with Techno Sat Comm which presently runs India's first Wi-Fi on train service on the Delhi-Howrah Rajdhani Express.
"We have entered an alliance with DMRC to provide internet connectivity across their whole rail network. It is likely to be completed by some time next year," Amit Mohan, Assistant Vice President of Software and Mobile App, Techno Sat Comm, told IANS.
"We are providing a speed of 2 mb per second, which may go as high as 50 mb per second. It is very good speed, one can download a movie within minutes," he said.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 10: Om Swami to be a Part of Show's Finale
- Somdev Devvarman Tears Into AITA in an Open Letter - Read Here
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 vs Lenovo P2 vs Honor 6X vs Vivo V5 Plus: All You Need to Know
- 5 Upcoming Smartphones With 8GB RAM: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, HTC 11 And More
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment