Delhi Metro Airport Express Line Gets High Speed Free Wi-Fi
Representative Image. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) on Friday inaugurated free Wi-Fi service on its Airport Express line at the Shivaji Stadium metro station here.
The Wi-Fi service will be provided to all commuters throughout the 22.7-km length of the Airport Express line which has six stations in all. DMRC Managing Director Mangu Singh inaugurated the Wi-Fi facility which is labelled "Oui DMRC Free Wi-Fi".
To use the facility, commuters will have to search for Wi-Fi connections on their phone and select "Oui DMRC Free Wi-Fi" from among those available. "Oui" is a French word which means "yes".
For the facility, DMRC tied up with Techno Sat Comm which presently runs India's first Wi-Fi on train service on the Delhi-Howrah Rajdhani Express.
"We have entered an alliance with DMRC to provide internet connectivity across their whole rail network. It is likely to be completed by some time next year," Amit Mohan, Assistant Vice President of Software and Mobile App, Techno Sat Comm, told IANS.
"We are providing a speed of 2 mb per second, which may go as high as 50 mb per second. It is very good speed, one can download a movie within minutes," he said.
Recommended For You
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- It's Showtime!Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Trailer is Here and Baby Groot Owns It
- Legal TroubleBigg Boss 10: Omji Maharaj Out of the House, To Appear Before Delhi Court
- Snapped!Virat-Anushka Are All Smiles As They Head Back From Yuvraj-Hazel Wedding
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet