DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Facebook Launches its Own Version of Craigslist With Marketplace
Facebook Marketplace. (Image: Facebook)
Facebook has launched a new Marketplace feature that will allow users to buy and sell items from within the Facebook community.
Much like Craigslist and eBay, Marketplace will allow users find a new home for their used vacuum, smartphone or baby clothes, while budget and environmentally-conscious consumers can use the feature to find gently used dining room tables and camera lenses, for less.
Marketplace features a built-in location tool and opens with photos of items that people living nearby have listed for sale. Users can also search for specific items and filter results by location, category and price.
Tapping the image reveals more details from the seller.
Buyers can send direct messages from Marketplace. Facebook does not facilitate payment or delivery of items.
The feature will roll out to users over the age of 18 in the US, UK, Australia and New Zealand on the Facebook app for iPhone and Android. Roll-out will continue in the coming months for additional countries, and desktop.
Recommended For You
- ICC to Review Champions Trophy Security Following Manchester Attack
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande