Facebook Messenger to Get Data Saver Mode to Save Your Mobile Internet Bill
With Facebook Messenger data saver mode on, users have to tap to select each specific photo and video they wish to view. (Image: Reuters)
Social media giant Facebook's upcoming version of Messenger will come with data saver mode that will allow users to save on data, a media report said.
Till now, Messenger app automatically downloads anything the user receives regardless of size of content. But with data saver mode on, users have to tap to select each specific photo and video they wish to view.
"The beta version also packs a counter, which shows the user how much data it has saved. This can be reset as required, which should be helpful to those on a rolling monthly data plan," thenextweb.com reported on Sunday.
The data saver mode only works when the device is using cellular data. When it connects to a Wi-Fi hotspot, Messenger resumes normal operation.
The company is testing the new mode on the Android beta version of the app.
Data saver feature will show up in the mainstream branch of Facebook Messenger soon. However, if you can not wait, you can sign up to the beta through the Google Play store, the report added.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right