Facebook Messenger to Get Data Saver Mode to Save Your Mobile Internet Bill
With Facebook Messenger data saver mode on, users have to tap to select each specific photo and video they wish to view. (Image: Reuters)
Social media giant Facebook's upcoming version of Messenger will come with data saver mode that will allow users to save on data, a media report said.
Till now, Messenger app automatically downloads anything the user receives regardless of size of content. But with data saver mode on, users have to tap to select each specific photo and video they wish to view.
"The beta version also packs a counter, which shows the user how much data it has saved. This can be reset as required, which should be helpful to those on a rolling monthly data plan," thenextweb.com reported on Sunday.
The data saver mode only works when the device is using cellular data. When it connects to a Wi-Fi hotspot, Messenger resumes normal operation.
The company is testing the new mode on the Android beta version of the app.
Data saver feature will show up in the mainstream branch of Facebook Messenger soon. However, if you can not wait, you can sign up to the beta through the Google Play store, the report added.
Recommended For You
- El Clasico: Lionel Messi Nets Twice as Barcelona Beat Real Madrid 3-2
- Tata Hexa Automatic Off-Road Review: Can it Handle the Heat?
- IPL 2017: KKR vs RCB: Turning Point - Chris Gayle Dismissal
- When Gunday Cast Decided To Remind Fans Of Amitabh Bachchan's Mohabbatein
- Ford Figo S First Drive Review: The Reason Not To Buy The Baleno RS