Pebble Now Becomes Part of Fitbit
Fitbit is reportedly planning to acquire Pebble at a deal evaluating at $40 Million.(Image: REUTERS/Brendan McDermid)
Fitbit is reportedly looking to acquire wearables brand Pebble in a deal which is expected to be around $34 to $40 million. This comes after a financially difficult year for Pebble.
After a successful launch of its first product in 2012, pebble has only witnessed financial troubles in recent times. The company fired 25 percent of its workforce in March. Even after two rounds of funding which collectively raised $26 million, the company is largely in debt.
Having refused two previous acquisition proposals of $740 Million and $70 Million by Citizen and Intel respectively in 2015, the company has now run out of options.
Once the acquisition is complete, Fitbit plans to phase out the brand’s devices as its only interests lie in Pebble’s technology.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Uthappa and Gambhir Demolish Daredevils in Kolkata
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Rana's Powerful Performances Make it Film of 2017
- BCCI & COA Divided on Champions Trophy Pull Out After ICC Snub
- Baahubali 2 Breaks Dangal's Record; 1 Million Advanced Tickets Booked
- Sachin Tendulkar Should Help in Cricket Administration: Vinod Rai