Pebble Now Becomes Part of Fitbit
Fitbit is reportedly planning to acquire Pebble at a deal evaluating at $40 Million.(Image: REUTERS/Brendan McDermid)
Fitbit is reportedly looking to acquire wearables brand Pebble in a deal which is expected to be around $34 to $40 million. This comes after a financially difficult year for Pebble.
After a successful launch of its first product in 2012, pebble has only witnessed financial troubles in recent times. The company fired 25 percent of its workforce in March. Even after two rounds of funding which collectively raised $26 million, the company is largely in debt.
Having refused two previous acquisition proposals of $740 Million and $70 Million by Citizen and Intel respectively in 2015, the company has now run out of options.
Once the acquisition is complete, Fitbit plans to phase out the brand’s devices as its only interests lie in Pebble’s technology.
Recommended For You
- Yuvraj Singh And MS Dhoni Hit Centuries, Twitter Explodes With Praise
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Officially Launched in India At a Starting Price of Rs 9,999
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Ellen, Priyanka and Other Big Winners
- 5 Upcoming Smartphones With 8GB RAM: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, HTC 11 And More
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment