Google Accelerated Mobile Pages Arrives in India; Now Expect Faster Search Results
Google AMP Project helps save data as AMP pages on Search use 10 times less data than the equivalent non-AMP page. (Image: Reuters)
Technology giant Google on Wednesday announced the roll-out of Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) for mobile search results in India that will load web pages at a lightning fast speed.
With this new update, when you search on your mobile device, you will see a label that indicates a page is AMP. This does not change search results but will show you which sites have pages that are ready to load lightning fast, the company said in a statement.
The AMP Project helps save data as AMP pages on Search use 10 times less data than the equivalent non-AMP page.
Over the last year, since the AMP project started, over 600 million AMP documents, in over 104 languages have been created worldwide.
In India, several publishers have embraced AMP. Globally, the Washington Post has seen a 23 per cent increase in mobile search users who return within seven days and an 88 per cent improvement in load time for AMP content versus traditional mobile web.
In addition to the wide adoption of AMP, people have also embraced Google's several enhancements for AMP over the last year.
Recommended For You
- LG G6 vs Samsung Galaxy S8: It's Beauty vs Toughness
- AB de Villiers Shares a Heartfelt Message After RCB's Humiliating Loss
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks Fabulous As She Steps Out For An Afternoon Outing
- Toyota Innova Touring Sport Edition to Launch in India on May 4, 2017
- 1st Test: Yasir Shah Spins Pakistan to Victory over West Indies