Huawei Beats Apple in Global Smartphone Sales; Samsung Still on Top
Representative Image. (Image: REUTERS/Rick Wilking)
Chinese smartphone maker Huawei today said it has overtaken iPhone maker Apple in global sales volume to become second largest handset company globally.
"Huawei overtook Apple in global sales volume share in December," Huawei India Director for Product Centre Allen Wang said.
He said the company's share in December 2016 reached 13.2 percent globally whereas Apple was in the range of 12 percent.
Watch The Tech And Auto Show: Episode 2
The company claims to have shipped 139 million smartphones last year.
Though Samsung leads the global market in volumes, Huawei has overtaken the Korean technology major in some markets, Wang said. "Honor (Huawei's online smartphone brand)has now become world's number one online brand," he said.
The brand is now selling across 74 countries including India.
Recommended For You
- Niranjan Shah's Appointment Divides BCCI Panel on Lodha Reforms
- Navya Naveli Nanda Spotted on a Movie Date With a Friend
- GSAT-17 Communication Satellite Launched to Expand ISRO Fleet
- Maruti Suzuki Sells 1.07 Lakh Units of Alto in First 5 Months of 2017
- West Indies vs India 2017: Virat Kohli & Boys Sweat it Out