Indus OS Partners With Karbonn Mobiles
The Karbonn Aura Power smartphone. (Image: Karbonn)
Multi-lingual domestic operating system brand Indus OS on Wednesday announced its partnership with Karbonn Mobiles to provide a better experience for users pan-India.
The partnership will be an add-on to the existing partnership with Micromax and two home-grown brands -- Celkon and Swipe.
"Our partnership with Karbonn is a testimony that smartphone brands are recognising the need for a regional language smartphone ecosystem in India," said Rakesh Deshmukh, Co-Founder and CEO, Indus OS, in a statement.
"The growing consumption of regional language content on mobile phones is a clear indicator of the need for localising the Smartphone ecosystem for bridging the gaping digital divide," added Shashin Devsare, Executive Director, Karbonn Mobiles and Jaina Group.
The first "made in India" operating system Indus OS aims to be on one in every six smartphone devices in India by 2017.
Recommended For You
- Referee Shakti Singh's Dream Debut in MS Dhoni's Last Match as Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 vs Lenovo P2 vs Honor 6X vs Vivo V5 Plus: All You Need to Know
- Alia Bhatt Looks Adorable Dressed As Kareena Kapoor Khan From Jab We Met
- 5 Upcoming Smartphones With 8GB RAM: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, HTC 11 And More
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment