Maharashtra to provide Online Health, Education Facilities
Through MaharashtraNet, the government plans to usher in a digital revolution in the state and further reduce the urban-rural divide, he said. (Image: Reuters)
A MaharashtraNet broadband network, inspired by the Centre's 'BharatNet', will be set up in Maharashtra to ensure online healthcare and education facilities to people in the remotest villages, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said.
Through MaharashtraNet, the government plans to usher in a digital revolution in the state and further reduce the urban-rural divide, he said.
"In Nagpur district, 750 village panchayats have already gone digital. By December 2018, digital connectivity will be provided to all villages, besides connecting all schools online in the state," Fadnavis said.
He was speaking at a function to honour 109 top state teachers with the 'Adarsh Shikshak' and 'Savitribai Phule Adarsh Shikshika' awards, including 38 primary teachers, 39 secondary, two of arts and sports, two scouts-guides. The list also has 19 tribal, one physically challenged and eight women teachers.
Fadnavis said the has catapulted to the third position in academic excellence in the past one year due to good education and best teachers.
"We have 40,000 tech-savvy teachers in the state and many educational apps have been developed to help the students. We hope that Maharashtra will soon become the education leader in the country," said Fadnavis.
Education Minister Vinod Tawde, MP Arvind Sawant, legislators Raj Purohit and Rahul Narvekar, Education Principal Secretary Nand Lal and other officials were present on the occasion.
The women teachers honoured with the 'Savitribai Phule Adarsh Shikshika' award include Smita S. Malavade, Sandhya S. Kulkarni, Vandana B. Theng, Sumitra S. Yesane, Sarla S. Kame, Chandrakala S. Deshmukh, Shubhra S. Roy and Vaishali S. Dhakulkar.
Rehman A. Atikur bagged the award in the handicapped category, Satish V. Kolhe and Radha M. Murkute in the scouts-guides category and Pramod B. Patil and Sanjay K. Patole in the arts/sports category.
- Pakistan Cricket Board Bars Push-Ups on Field After Match Wins
- Team India, Ravichandran Ashwin Head Latest ICC Test Rankings
- Uri Attack: JuD Claims Responsibility For The Terror Assault, Pak Under Pressure
- US Asks Pak to Act Against Terror Groups Who Attack Neighbours
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board