Mark Zuckerberg Sold More Than $1 Billion Facebook Stocks Last Year
He is selling stock to fund the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, his philanthropic investment vehicle.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is seen on stage during a town hall at Facebook's headquarters in Menlo Park, California September 27, 2015. (REUTERS/Stephen Lam/File Photo)
Facebook recently released its annual proxy statement, according to which Mark Zukerbeg has sold more than $1 billion worth of Facebook stock in the past year. He's been doing that to help fund his new philanthropic investment vehicle, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
According to the filing, Zuckerberg now has about 9.6 million fewer shares at the end of March than he did one year ago. Those shares would be valued at more than $1.3 billion based on Facebook’s closing share price on Friday according to a report by recode.
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is a philanthropic investment vehicle that Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan announced in late 2015 after the birth of their daughter.
The couple’s first major endeavour is a $3 billion commitment over the next decade to fund research to try and cure all diseases.
Despite his big stock sale, Zuckerberg still controls 59.7 percent of Facebook’s voting power. And Mark Zuckerberg according to Forbes has a present net worth at more than $58 billion.
Watch: Nokia 3310 Drop Test
Recommended For You
- Portuguese Footballer Charged With Attempted Murder And Kidnapping
- Dhoni Abusing Manish Pandey During T20 Match is Now an Internet Meme
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety: Great Entertainer in 'Anti-Women' Genre With No Social Conscience
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra Ups the Glamour Quotient with an Interesting Take on Fashion; See Pics
- Mahira Khan Comes Out in Support of Javed Sheikh Over Kissing Controversy