DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mastercard Unveils Credit Cards With Fingerprint Identification
Mastercard has launched a credit card with fingerprint sensor embedded into it. (File Image: REUTERS )
Mastercard, the global credit card provider has unveiled a new-age credit card that features a fingerprint sensor embedded into the card.
As per reports, the fingerprint sensor will work in the exact same manner as it does on a smartphone.
The users will have to place their finger on the sensor while making a purchase.
The new payment card has undergone two successful trails in South Africa till date.
Watch Video: Oppo F3 Plus Review
Security Experts debate whether the feature is a step ahead in increasing security measures for digital payments, or if it is another hackable cure to the risk.
The general notion agrees that the feature comes as a wise use of biometric identification but is still not fully secure.
Hackers have been targeting fingerprints of users since a while now, through images showing fingers of the user, or leftover fingerprints on a glass or any such material.
The credit cards by Mastercard are the first to support such a feature. While the fingerprint feature will work on a point-of-sale, it has not been designed to make online transactions as yet.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: India - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Sachin Tendulkar Sends Invite To Bollywood Bigwigs For Biopic Premier
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances