Mastercard Unveils Credit Cards With Fingerprint Identification
Mastercard has launched a credit card with fingerprint sensor embedded into it. (File Image: REUTERS )
Mastercard, the global credit card provider has unveiled a new-age credit card that features a fingerprint sensor embedded into the card.
As per reports, the fingerprint sensor will work in the exact same manner as it does on a smartphone.
The users will have to place their finger on the sensor while making a purchase.
The new payment card has undergone two successful trails in South Africa till date.
Watch Video: Oppo F3 Plus Review
Security Experts debate whether the feature is a step ahead in increasing security measures for digital payments, or if it is another hackable cure to the risk.
The general notion agrees that the feature comes as a wise use of biometric identification but is still not fully secure.
Hackers have been targeting fingerprints of users since a while now, through images showing fingers of the user, or leftover fingerprints on a glass or any such material.
The credit cards by Mastercard are the first to support such a feature. While the fingerprint feature will work on a point-of-sale, it has not been designed to make online transactions as yet.
Recommended For You
- Tata Hexa Automatic Off-Road Review: Can it Handle the Heat?
- 'Looking at Me & Kohli You Can Say Delhi People Abuse More'
- IPL 2017: Fans Troll Goenka Even After He Calls MS Dhoni Great
- Ranveer, Zoya Attend Ritesh's Homecoming Party For Priyanka Chopra
- Ford Figo S First Drive Review: The Reason Not To Buy The Baleno RS