McLaren Refutes Acquisition Talks With Apple
The McLaren 570S. (Image: McLaren)
British automotive manufacturer and Formula One team owner McLaren has denied reports that tech giant Apple is set to acquire it
The company said there were no discussions over a sale or investment from Apple, Telegraph reported on Thursday.
"We can confirm that McLaren is not in discussion with Apple in respect of any potential investment," a spokesperson was quoted as saying.
Earlier media reports said that the iPhone maker was considering to buy McLaren for 1 billion pounds. The acquisition of McLaren can accelerate Apple's automotive project. McLaren makes luxury super cars and has an advanced technology unit that develops cutting-edge electronics.
Experts have even said Apple may be interested in buying US electric car maker Tesla. The Cupertino-based company recently acquired audio group Beats Electronics for $3 billion. Apple has also invested $1 billion in the Chinese ride-hailing company Didi Chuxing.
Recommended For You
- Bangladesh Cricketer Arrested For Leaking Photos of Girlfriend
- Can't Use Culture to Justify Cruelty: Swami Bhoomananda on Jallikkattu
- My Book Is Not a Biography on Rajinikanth, Says Aishwarya Dhanush
- Madonna, Scarlett Johansson, Ashley Judd Slam Trump
- Australian Open 2017: Paes Off to Winning Start, Sania Loses in Women's Doubles