Nasscom to Support Mauritius for ICT Skill Development
Areas of cooperation identified are financial services, ICT, health, education, R&D and construction.
Representative image (Picture courtesy: Twitter)
Mauritius has approached Indian information technology industry body Nasscom for support in building capacity in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skill needs.
"ICT has become an important activity to Mauritius. We have started dialouge with Nasscom for skill development in the sector," a Mauritius Board of Investment official said.
According to him ICT is already contributing by five per cent to the national GDP and holds lot more potential.
Resource building through skill development is important, the officer said.
The proposed Indo-Mauritius Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement is expected to be signed by end of this year as both countries finalised the areas of exchange, Mauritius Vice-president Paramasivum Pillay Vyapoory said.
"Implementation of the CECPA between the two countries is likely to be signed by the end of this year which will help greater cooperation between two countries," he said at an interactive session with ICC members.
Areas of cooperation identified are financial services, ICT, health, education, R&D and construction, Vyapoory said.
He invited Indian investment in Mauritius to exploit the African market as the country offers preferential access through agreements.
Recommended For You
- THE TIPPLING POINT | A Scot's Funeral is Merrier Than an English Wedding. Here's Why
- Deepika Padukone On Padmavati Row: I Feel Hurt, I Feel Angry
- Taapsee Pannu Gives It Back To Trolls Who Mocked Her For Wearing Short Dress
- Miss World 2017: Manushi Chhillar Always Calm and Composed, Reveals Ramp Walk Trainer
- Virat Kohli Joins Hands with Ola to Fight Against Pollution in Delhi-NCR