Now, Transfer Freecharge Money Through WhatsApp
The payments service explained that the new 'Freecharge on WhatsApp' feature can be used to transfer money to any of a user's WhatsApp contacts.
New Delhi: Freecharge, popular online payments service has introduced a new feature that lets users send or receive money right through WhatsApp.
In a blog post, the payments service explained that the new 'Freecharge on WhatsApp' feature can be used to transfer money to any of a person's WhatsApp contacts.
— FreeCharge (@FreeCharge) May 21, 2016
All one needs to do is go to the Freecharge menu on an Android phone and click on 'Freecharge on WhatsApp'. Click 'enable' to allow Freecharge in accessibility settings. Now you can send money to any one of your friends by simply typing the amount followed by fc (example: 100FC) in WhatsApp. Once you send the message, it will be credited to the person's Freecharge wallet.
It should be noted that the money transfers can only be done by and to Freecharge users and the feature is currently limited to Android users.
The company, however, has made it clear that its 'Chat n Pay' feature is not affiliated to WhatsApp, which means it is only using the messaging service as a medium to let its users transfer money to each other.
Recommended For You
- ICC Still Open to Negotiate, Offers BCCI USD 390 Million
- Honor 8 Pro First Look: The 6GB RAM Competitor to OnePlus 3t
- Remembering Vinod Khanna: 15 Films That Celebrate The Actor's Legacy
- IPL 2017: Jadeja Reveals Why Kohli Laughed Hard at His Expense
- Facebook's Adit Vaidya, On How Groups Can Help 184 Million Monthly Active Indian Users