Paytm Movies Crossed Rs 400 crore GMV
Paytm currently has user base of more than 200 million (Image: Paytm)
Paytm’s movie-ticketing vertical has crossed gross merchandise volume (GMV) of Rs 400 crore in less than a year of launch.
Founded in 2010 by Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Paytm has built a massive supply chain of local theaters by revamping traditional offline ticket booking systems.
It has tied up with city-based iconic regional theaters like Raj Mandir in Jaipur, among others, to bring their inventories online. Aside from this, Paytm has also partnered with all leading multiplex chains in the country including PVR, Inox, Carnival, Cinepolis and more. The company is also using its widely popular QR codes to implement easy scan-and-book offline ticketing at their box-office and F&B counters.
Speaking on the announcement, Renu Satti, Vice President – Paytm said, “Initially, our focus was to tie up with national chains and city theaters for online booking at our platform. We have also enabled them with Paytm QR code based ticket booking at the box office and at F&B counters. Subsequently, we have grown the ecosystem bringing in single screens and marquee regional theaters into our platform.”
With the current user base of more than 200 million, Paytm claims to have enabled movie ticketing service across 3500 screens in more than 550 cities.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan Ready to Sell his Pyjama to Buy MS Dhoni in IPL 2018
- LG G6 First Impressions Review: The V20 Facelift Seems Unconvincing
- Virat Kohli Drinks Water Worth 600 Per Litre to Stay Fit
- Priyanka Chopra Looks Flawless During Her Outing At The Facebook Office
- Hyundai Xcent Facelift: All You Need to Know About the Maruti Suzuki DZire Rival