Qualcomm Announces Mesh Networking Platform to Enhance Connectivity
A mesh network is a network topology in which each node relays data for the network.
A mesh network is a network topology in which each node relays data for the network. (Image: Qualcomm India's Twitter account)
Chipset manufacturer Qualcomm has announced "Mesh Networking Platform" that allows original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and broadband carriers to deliver next-generation "connected" home experiences.
Devices based on this platform will be designed to deliver robust and consistent connectivity to "smart" home devices as well as feature voice control capabilities, centralised management and security. The Qualcomm
Mesh Networking Platform is based upon the Qualcomm IPQ40x8/9 network system-on-chip, which is used in nearly every mesh networking product.
A mesh network is a network topology in which each node relays data for the network. All mesh nodes cooperate in the distribution of data in the network. It can be applied to both wired and wireless networks.
The Qualcomm platform includes Wi-Fi self-organising (SON) feature suite, integrated voice capabilities, IoT connectivity feature suite and backhaul flexibility.
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Lauds Team India for Winning Blind World Cup
- Roger Federer Not Keen on his Kids Following in Footsteps
- British Singer Ed Sheeran Gets Engaged to Childhood Friend Cherry Seaborn
- When Arijit Singh Attempted to Sing Nadaan Parindey and Failed Miserably
- 2018 Upcoming Sedans to Launch in India – Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Vios And More