Reliance Jio Happy New Year Offer: 10 Key Things Mukesh Ambani Announced
Here are the key highlights of the Reliance Jio announcement by Mukesh Ambani. (Image: Reliance Jio)
Reliance Industry Limited’s Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani has made some major announcements for Reliance Jio. Here are the key highlights of the announcement.
1) Data and voice services on the Jio mobile platform will remain free until March 31, 2017, up from an earlier deadline of December 31, 2016. In an official announcement on Thursday, Ambani called this the "Jio Happy New Year Offer" which he said will automatically be activated on all existing Jio SIM cards.
2) India is on the path to top 10 digital countries in the world. We are overwhelmed and truly humbled by the response. Jio is a data-strong network built for the Internet. Jio customer uses 25 times more data than an average Indian broadband user. Users at par with high users around the world.
3) Aadhar based eKYC activation. There are 2 lakh eKYC outlets across the country. This is nearly equal to the total number of ATMS in India. The number To be doubled soon.
4) Voice Interconnect issue: Call block rates come down from 90% to nearly 20 percent. Jio now fully supports MNP.
5) We have recently, introduced home delivery of Jio SIMs. The service will be available in top 100 cities by December 31, 2016.
6) Network speed: 8 percent Jio towers experienced congestion. 92 percent experiencing high data speeds. Jio is working to decongest these 8% towers.
7) Jio delivering 4 times more data than all other telecom services compared. And at higher speeds. Around 20 percent users use disproportionately higher rates of data.
8) Applauding PM Narendra Modi's demonetization move, Ambani said, "Every Indian will have a digital ATM in their hands."Jio money is expanding its reach where Aadhaar based digital ATMs will be based.
9) Starting December 5, every merchant can download Jio Money Merchant Solutions. Merchants can also make supplier payments, transfer money to bank accounts and also use digital petty cash.
10) Jio has grown faster than Facebook, WhatsApp and Skype.
(Disclosure: News18.com is part of Network18 Media & Investment Limited which is owned by Reliance Industries Limited that also owns Reliance Jio.)
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Yuvraj Singh Missing at Eden Gardens
- Kareena Kapoor Khan To Turn Showstopper For Anita Dongre's LFW Finale Show
- Virat Kohli Has a Special Message For the Fans
- Why Sushant Singh Rajput Is The Most Promising Bollywood Actor Right Now
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 2: Deals on Fitbit Charge 2, Coolpad Note 5 And More