Reliance Jio: Mukesh Ambani Has Something Major to Announce Today
Reliance Industry Limited’s Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani will address employees and stakeholders today at 1.30 PM. (Image: Reuters)
Reliance Industry Limited’s Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani will address employees and stakeholders on Thursday, 1.30 PM. It is expected that there will be a major announcement for telecom venture Reliance Jio. The company will stream the event live on its social media channels.
Mukesh Ambani-promoted Reliance Jio has crossed the 50 million subscriber mark in less than three months after its full-fledged 4G services launch to emerge as the largest broadband operator in the country.
“Jio — setting a new record — has acquired 1,000 customers per minute (since September 05) and 6 lakh per day. Airtel reached the same milestone of notching 50 million subscribers in 12 years, Vodafone and Idea took 13 years each,” said a PTI report.
The company commercially launched its services on September 5. Jio has introduced Aadhaar-based paper-less Jio SIM activation across 3,100 cities and towns.
Jio connection offers users unlimited access to HD voice calls (on Jio eligible VoLTE phones), messaging, video calls, high-speed data as well as access to Jio's suite of apps till December 31.
With the Reliance Jio Infocomm (Jio) giving free 4G SIM cards and launching affordable 4G-enabled smartphones to connect the next billion, India is set to lead the 4G revolution, the International Data Corporation (IDC) said.
You can watch Mukesh Ambani's statement here:
(Disclosure: News18.com is part of Network18 Media & Investment Limited which is owned by Reliance Industries Limited that also owns Reliance Jio.)
Recommended For You
- CLUB WORLD CUPFIFA Club World Cup: Real Madrid Eye Record 21st International Title in Japan
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- Fashion Awards 2016International Model Of The Year: Gigi Hadid's Best Fashion Moments Of 2016
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size