DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Reliance Jio, Punjab Government Sign MoU to Offer Free Wi-Fi in Technical Institutes
The Punjab government signed an MoU with Reliance Jio to provide free Wi-Fi facility in all state-run engineering colleges, industrial training institutes and polytechnics. (Image: Reuters)
The Punjab government on Thursday signed an MoU with Reliance Jio to provide free Wi-Fi facility in all state-run engineering colleges, industrial training institutes and polytechnics, a minister said.
The step will help provide free Internet to students of these institutions for their academics and also encourage cashless transactions and digitalisation, Technical Education Minister Charanjit Singh Channi said.
He said Reliance Jio will set up the infrastructure for the purpose, bearing the cost of equipment and electricity required for Wi-Fi functioning.
Watch video review of LG K10
The company will block all objectionable websites as per the Centre's directions.
The principals of the institutions concerned have been directed to provide suitable space and security for the proposed Wi-Fi service and relevant network equipment required.
(Disclaimer: News18.com is part of Network18 Media & Investment Limited which is owned by Reliance Industries Limited that also owns Reliance Jio)
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings