Samsung Moves On Says it Has Started Mass Production of 10-nanometre Chips
Tech giant Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Monday its system chips business has started mass production of semiconductors using 10-nanometre technology, adding it was the first company in the industry to do so.
Samsung said in a statement a tech product launching early next year will use chips made with its 10-nanometre production technology without specifying the device.
South Korea's Electronic Times reported this month that Samsung will be the sole contract manufacturer of Qualcomm Inc's high-end Snapdragon 830 chips using 10-nanometre production technology and these processors will be used in half of Samsung's next Galaxy S smartphones expected to launch in early 2017.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Receives Special Gift From MS Dhoni After Beating England
- Honor 6X With Dual-Camera and Kirin 655 Chip Launched at Rs 12,999
- Jackie Chan Keeps His Word, Meets Salman Khan During His Visit To India
- 'India Still Wants Apology for 2014 Champions Trophy Incident'
- This Indian Fusion Choreography On Humma Humma Is Winning The Internet