DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Saudi Blocks 68% of 9,00,000 Violated Internet Links
It said 92 per cent of those links were porn and more than 1,300 linked were with abusive nature against children. (Representative Image)
Saudi communication and IT authority revealed on Monday that 68 per cent of 900,000 violated internet links were blocked last year, Al Arabiya local news reported.
It said 92 per cent of those links were porn and more than 1,300 linked were with abusive nature against children. The authority also interacted with content providers to deal with 52,000 links to prevent the availability of porn contents to internet users in Saudi Arabia.
Since 2008, the authority have dealt with 5.5 million internet links, of which 91.4 per cent were porn. The authority calls upon the public to report porn contents on the internet, especially those involving children and use its newly introduced filtering system.
Recommended For You
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO