Snapdeal Appoints Jason Kothari as CEO of FreeCharge; Commits $20 Million Investment
Jason Kothari has been appointed as the new CEO of Freecharge. (Image: Snapdeal)
Snapdeal today announced the appointment of Jason Kothari as the Chief Executive Officer of FreeCharge and a commitment to invest an additional $20 million in the Company.
In addition to taking on the role of the CEO, Jason will continue his key leadership role as Chief Strategy & Investment Officer at Snapdeal. He will also join the Board of Directors of FreeCharge.
Most recently, Kothari was CEO of Softbank-backed online real estate company Housing.com. Under his stewardship, Housing.com changed its business strategy & plan, raised an additional round of funding from investor Softbank, and achieved an increasing revenue by 400 percent.
Prior to joining Housing.com, Kothari was CEO & Vice Chairman of character-based entertainment company Valiant Entertainment. Valiant raised $140 million from leading strategic investors, including the former CEO of Marvel Entertainment and Chinese media conglomerate DMG Entertainment.
Recommended For You
- Ducati XDiavel S Review: The Rs 19 Lakh Motorcycle Made to Make You Smile
- 3 Reasons to Not Buy a Term Plan
- Sneaky Little Girl Steals Pope's Hat Right Off His Head Leaving Him in Splits
- Krushna's Reaction To Kapil-Sunil's Tiff is Unexpected
- Clarke Slams Australian Media for 'Tarnishing Kohli's Image'