Snapdeal Appoints Jason Kothari as CEO of FreeCharge; Commits $20 Million Investment
Jason Kothari has been appointed as the new CEO of Freecharge. (Image: Snapdeal)
Snapdeal today announced the appointment of Jason Kothari as the Chief Executive Officer of FreeCharge and a commitment to invest an additional $20 million in the Company.
In addition to taking on the role of the CEO, Jason will continue his key leadership role as Chief Strategy & Investment Officer at Snapdeal. He will also join the Board of Directors of FreeCharge.
Most recently, Kothari was CEO of Softbank-backed online real estate company Housing.com. Under his stewardship, Housing.com changed its business strategy & plan, raised an additional round of funding from investor Softbank, and achieved an increasing revenue by 400 percent.
Prior to joining Housing.com, Kothari was CEO & Vice Chairman of character-based entertainment company Valiant Entertainment. Valiant raised $140 million from leading strategic investors, including the former CEO of Marvel Entertainment and Chinese media conglomerate DMG Entertainment.
Recommended For You
- Jagga Jasoos: Katrina, Ranbir Look Adorable in the New Song Jhumritalaiyya
- Hockey World League: India Thrash Pak 6-1, to Face Canada in 5th-6th Playoff
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Jason Roy Dismissed in the Most Unusual Way Against Proteas
- Watch: Tubelight Kid Matin Rey Tangu's Adorable Audition Footage