Tesla Shows Off Its Self-Driving Hardware
Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk tweeted a video showing Tesla's self-driving hardware. (Photo: Reuters)
Since long, Tesla has been working on its self-driving technology to build it to perfection. Earlier in October, the company released a video showing their advances in developing this particular technology and announced that all the new Tesla cars will be fitted with all the self-driving equipment needed for a car to drive all by itself.
On November 19, Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla Motors, tweeted a time-lapse video which emphasises on the finesse of Tesla’s self-driving hardware fitted in their cars. The video shows how the car reaches from destination A to B without any human input. A person sitting in the driving seat (only for legal reasons) does not do anything as the car drives itself and self-parks after reaching its destination.
While the video is shot from a passenger’s point of view sitting inside the car, it also shows what the car’s self-driving hardware sees. This includes a view of car’s left rear, right rear and the medium range camera in the front.
The video is self-explanatory as there are symbols mentioned at the bottom for various things that the car sees. The hardware is able to differentiate between In-path and out of path objects and the car reacts accordingly. Moreover, it figures out the lane lines, road lights and the road signs.
You can check out the full video here:
Musk also released a shorter version of the video:
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology