Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Earns Around Rs 117 Crore
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella closes a presentation of new devices, in New York, in October, 2015. (Image: AP Photo)
India-born chief of Microsoft Satya Nadella saw his pay packet shrinking to USD 17.7 million (about Rs 117.7 crore) in the fiscal ended June, including a bonus of $4.4 million.
Nadella, who is betting on technologies like cloud computing and artificial intelligence to steer the software major's growth, had a compensation of $18.3 million in the year ended June 2015.
This year's compensation includes a base salary of USD 1.2 million, along with bonus ($4.46 million), stock award ($12.01 million) and other compensation (USD 14,104), according to a preliminary proxy statement filed on October 3.
The stock award value is calculated on the basis of market price as of the date of grant of common stock awarded and other criteria.
Assuming that the highest level of performance conditions are met, the value of Nadella's performance stock award would be little over $13.83 million, as per the filing.
"Nadella received when he was promoted to CEO, with a grant date fair value of USD 59,184,000; he will not be eligible to receive any part of this long term performance stock award compensation until 2019, if he continues to serve as CEO," it added. Microsoft Executive Vice President and CFO Amy E Hood's compensation stood at USD 10.37 million, while that of Chief Operating Officer B Kevin Turner was at USD 12.95 million for 2016.
Recommended For You
- ArchrivalsIndia, Pakistan in Same Pool of Hockey World League Semi-final 2017
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- BLOCKBUSTER CLASHEl Clasico: Barcelona Desperate to Break Real Madrid's Unbeaten Streak
- Puskas Award 2016Malaysia Player Beats Messi, Neymar to FIFA Shortlist
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet