This Little Feature in iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Proves How Much Apple Cares About its Users
The iPhone 7 Plus. (Image: Siddharth Safaya/ News18.com)
What if the home button of your new iPhone 7 stops working? No worries, as Apple's iPhone 7 home button has a virtual alternative that turns on automatically if the physical button fails to perform. The feature is, otherwise, hidden and only comes handy when the home button malfunctions. This shows how forward-looking Apple is as a company and how it cares about its users.
According to the Apple-tracking website MacRumors, the virtual home button sits neatly at the bottom of the iPhone 7's screen.
With the new iOS 10 in place, the iPhone 7 screen displays a message, saying that "Home Button may need service and "onscreen Home Button" can be used in the meantime.
"With the introduction of the iPhone 7, Apple did away with the classic click-mechanism home button in favour of a 'solid-state' pressure sensitive one that uses haptic feedback to mimic traditional button presses," the report added.
The iPhone 7 home button was redesigned in 2016. The new home button is like a sensor that can recognise a fingerprint and additional pressure.
"It also vibrates when a user presses the button, so he or she knows its features have been activated," Fortune reported on Tuesday.
While the feature is technically hidden, it can be turned on whenever the physical Home Button malfunctions.
Speculations are that Apple may finally move its home button into the glass on its next iPhone variant - eliminating physical buttons once and for all.
Recommended For You
- revisiting old times!Rekha Is Ditching Kanjivaram Saris For Something Strange These Days
- #GharWapsi'I Am Born Congressman' Says Navjot Singh Sidhu, Twitter Goes Berserk
- Wedding bells?Bigg Boss 10: Mona Lisa's Boyfriend to Enter the House to Propose to Her
- Virat SpeakVirat Kohli Interview: Captain Speaks For the First Time
- The Next GalaxySamsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know