'Guardians of the Galaxy' As An Adventure Game To Launch on April 18 Watch The Trailer Now
Can't wait until May for "Guardians of the Galaxy 2" to hit cinema theaters? The latest adaptation from Telltale Games is aiming to fix that -- even if only a week or two before the movie arrives.
A still from Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2
Launching April 18, 2017, the five episodes in "Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series" are destined for iOS, Android, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PCs.
As evidenced by the game's trailer, characters don't look or sound the same as their movie counterparts.
That's because the Telltale series is based on "Guardians of the Galaxy" comics, just as its award-winning "The Walking Dead" adaptation was.
Still, the gang's back together, with Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket Racoon, Drax and Groot setting out on a choose-your-own-adventure mission, and "Avengers" big bad Thanos appears as their enormous adversary.
It's the first of two announced "Guardians of the Galaxy" video games, following on from the 2014 movie, which generated $773m USD in box office revenues, the third-highest grossing film of the year.
"Final Fantasy" publisher Square Enix has its own interpretation on the way from Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal, the studios behind "Tomb Raider" and "Deus Ex: Human Revolution," though that was only announced in January and a target launch date has not yet been made known.
Marvel's "Guardian of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series" official trailer
Recommended For You
- Ganguly Sides With Kohli, Says India Need Preparation Time for SA Tour
- SAI to be Renamed, 'Authority' Has No Place in Sports: Rathore
- Coco Movie Review: The Pixar Film Provides Audience With an Immersive Showcase of Mexican Culture
- Padmavati Row: Alia Bhatt Blames Govt Inaction For Deadly Turn of Events
- BCCI to Discuss 'Coming Under' NADA Wings at SGM on December 9: CK Khanna