Twitter Stocks Drops 9 Percent After Report that Google Won't Bid
The Twitter logo is displayed on a screen on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in New York City, U.S., September 28, 2016. (Image: REUTERS/Brendan McDermid/File Photo)
Shares of Twitter, slumped 9 percent late on Wednesday after Recode reported that Google, owned by Alphabet
Citing sources it did not identify, Recode also said that Apple
Twitter has told potential buyers it wants to conclude negotiations about selling itself by the time it reports third-quarter earnings on October 27, people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
Salesforce.com Inc is in the running, while Alphabet and Walt Disney Co, have also contemplated bids, the people told Reuters.
Twitter's stock was last down 9.21 percent in after-hours trade at $22.58.
The company has struggled to generate revenue growth and profit, despite having some 313 million average monthly active users and a growing presence as a source of news.
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- It's Here!Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer is Everything We Hoped For
- FunnyThis Video Of A Pakistani News Anchor Warning PM Modi Will Crack You Up