Vistara Bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7 on Its Flights
Carriage of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones is prohibited on Vistara flights, both in hand luggage and check-in luggage. (Image: Samsung/modified by News18.com)
Domestic full service carrier Vistara today said it has banned carrying of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones on its aircraft including in the check-in baggage, a day after Malaysian budget airline AirAsia announced a similar move.
Carriage of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones is prohibited on Vistara flights, both in hand luggage and check-in luggage, Vistara informed its customers in a tweet.
Malaysian budget airline group AirAsia had yesterday announced that it would not permit carrying Samsung's latest Galaxy Note series mobile phones including recalled and replacement devices - in cabin bags, check-in baggage or as cargo following a recent ban by US Department of Transport on the device and reports of replacement units catching fire.
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) officials had early this month said that the aviation regulator was in the process of issuing a fresh advisory on the use of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones onboard aircraft after getting latest inputs from its US counterpart, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Earlier the DGCA had on September 9 completely banned the use of Galaxy Note 7 on board flights as also carrying them in checked-in baggage, which it partially lifted on September 30. The restrictions do not apply to "Samsung Galaxy Note 7 purchased after September 15, 2016, which have green battery charge indication on their screen," DGCA had said in a notice on September 30.
Recommended For You
- CLOSE SHAVEUmpire Paul Reiffel Retires Hurt After Being Hit by Bhuvneshwar Kumar's Throw
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- Amazing videoYouTube Rewind Celebrates Videos, People And Trends That Made 2016 Memorable
- DEBU'TON'TKeaton Jennings: Another South African Comes Good For England