You Can Now Encrypt Your Facebook Messenger Messages
Facebook Messenger. (Image: Facebook)
Facebook has rolled out a feature that allows users to encrypt their messages.
Wired reports that Facebook has finished rolling out "Secret Conversations" to all 900 million Messenger users in the past weeks.
To use the feature, members must first opt-in.
Doing so will encrypt messages so that no one but the two people -- not even Facebook, law enforcement or intelligence agencies -- can read it, reports Wired.
To opt in, users must update their Messenger app and check the ‘secret' option on the top right of the "new message" screen. The feature must be enabled for every conversation individually.
Other features include adding an expiration time for messages, ranging from five seconds to one day.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Watch How Samson & Mishra Cost Delhi the Match
- New Chevrolet Beat to Launch in India on May 25
- Sonam Posts Emotional Message On Her Maternal Grandmother's Demise
- OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Review: The Best Black Phone That Money Can Buy
- Azlan Shah 2017: India Aim to Begin New Season on a High