You Can Now Encrypt Your Facebook Messenger Messages
Facebook Messenger. (Image: Facebook)
Facebook has rolled out a feature that allows users to encrypt their messages.
Wired reports that Facebook has finished rolling out "Secret Conversations" to all 900 million Messenger users in the past weeks.
To use the feature, members must first opt-in.
Doing so will encrypt messages so that no one but the two people -- not even Facebook, law enforcement or intelligence agencies -- can read it, reports Wired.
To opt in, users must update their Messenger app and check the ‘secret' option on the top right of the "new message" screen. The feature must be enabled for every conversation individually.
Other features include adding an expiration time for messages, ranging from five seconds to one day.
Recommended For You
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- MORE THE MERRIERFIFA President Infantino Backs 48-Team World Cup
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video