I Got Unnerved: Karan Patel on Snubbing Media at Divyanka's Reception
The newlyweds posed with the show's lead man Karan Patel and his wife Ankita. Images via The Wedding Story
Mumbai: Actor Karan Patel, who reportedly snubbed media at his Ye Hai Mohabaatein co-star Divyanka Tripathi's reception here, has clarified his stance saying that he felt “unnerved” after watching media persons standing just an “arms length” away from him and thought he should walk away before any incident takes place.
Divyanka married actor Vivek Dahiya on July 8 in Bhopal and had a reception party in Chandigarh. The couple threw a grand reception for their friends from the industry on Thursday here.
As per reports, when the celebrities were interacting with the media, Karan seemed to be not in the mood to give bytes and walked away.
“It's just sad that one's attitude is always speculated even if you've not done something. The media was barely at arms length when I requested them to stay a little away and bytes would be given to all,” Karan said in a statement.
“I got unnerved when I realised it was almost a stampede. I was afraid someone would get hurt. Hence I walked away.
“I've always loved the media and will continue to do so, but I do feel with due respect to all concerned that surrounding us and giving us no space to move becomes difficult when you're out with family,” he added.
The actor shared that he and his wife Ankita “enjoyed” Divyanka's reception party.
“My life is an open book. You're welcome to speculate. It was a lovely evening where we all got together. I enjoyed myself and am sure every one else did too. My family and I wish Divyanka and Vivek a happy married life,” he said.
Recommended For You
- TOKYO 2020 DREAMSMy Aim is to Equal Sushil's Feat of Two Olympic Medals: Sakshi Malik
- revisiting old times!Rekha Is Ditching Kanjivaram Saris For Something Strange These Days
- World RecordSubstitute Bangladesh Wicketkeeper Imrul Kayes Sets World Record
- Wedding bells?Bigg Boss 10: Mona Lisa's Boyfriend to Enter the House to Propose to Her
- The Next GalaxySamsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know