Kapil Sharma's new show will not have a family setup, reveals Kiku Sharda
Mumbai: Having entertained the audience with the family set-up in ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’, the new show of comedian Kapil Sharma is likely to have a street-based theme, says actor Kiku Sharda.
Kapil played the central role of Bittu Sharma in ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’, Ali Asgar was the cute Dadi, Sumona Chakravarti enacted the role of Kapil's wife, Sunil Grover and Kiku Sharda played the annoying neighbours Gutthi and Palak, while Chandan Prabhakar was seen in the role of servant Raju.
After a successful two-and-a-half year stint on Colors, the show came to an end in January this year due a fall-out between Kapil and the channel.
The same team will soon be back with new ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ on another channel and the set-up is also likely to change.
"This time not a family (set up)...it would be more like a street where people are living," Kiku told PTI.
"There will be different people coming in. Like how Palak and Gutthi used to come on the show, they were not family. So, may be something like that," he said, without divulging any details.
In the earlier show, Kiku played the role of a girl 'Palak'. "The character (of Palak) was loved because people loved her style and attitude. We have not narrowed down on what exactly my character would be like on the new show.
"I am open to playing a woman again. I would like to explore lot of other things as well. On a daily basis, I interact with lot of new people and new ideas come to my head," he said.
‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ will go on air from April 23 on Sony channel.
Recommended For You
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review: A Complete Budget Android Phone Under Rs 10,000
- On Fire!Koffee With Karan: Parineeti Outshines Aditya With Her Wit And Charm
- Can't wait!Koffee With Karan: The 100th Episode Featuring Salman Khan is Going to be 'Khantastic'
- DisgustingBertolucci's Rape Scene Confession on the Sets of 'Last Tango in Paris' Leaves Hollywood Shocked
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet