»
1-min read

No change in script was made due to online criticism, say 'Game Of Thrones' producers

Press Trust Of India

First published: April 4, 2016, 9:21 AM IST | Updated: April 4, 2016
facebook Twitter google skype whatsapp
No change in script was made due to online criticism, say 'Game Of Thrones' producers
Last December, director Jeremy Podeswa, who has helmed four episodes of the series, was quoted as saying fandom outrage led to some adjustments in the new season.

Los Angeles: A report that 'Game of Thrones' adjusted its approach to season 6 due to online criticism was not accurate, say the show's Emmy-winning producers.

Last December, director Jeremy Podeswa, who has helmed four episodes of the series, was quoted as saying fandom outrage over season 5's Sansa Stark storyline led to showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss making some adjustments in the new season.

"They were responsive to the discussion and there were a couple of things that changed as a result," the director had said.

For the upcoming season, the show's core female cast members indeed take center stage in many respects. When asked was this season's plan influenced by last year's criticism, Weiss said, "No."

"Jeremy is fantastic. It's hard to know what the context was whether or not thats exactly what he said or he said something adjacent to that and the words got shuffled around because whoever typed it up liked the way it sounded better.

Who the hell knows? He's made completely outstanding, wonderful episodes, and is also a wonderful human being. So I have no idea if he said those actual words, but that's just not a factual statement."

Previously the Thrones writer-producers, who took home the Emmy for outstanding writing in a drama series for season 5, stated the new season is looking like the best yet in the series.

Game of Thrones returns on April 24.

facebook Twitter google skype whatsapp