Pratyusha death case: Rahul may file anticipatory bail, police to visit him today
Singh was booked over alleged suicide of Pratyusha after her mother accused him of threatening and assaulting her daughter.
Mumbai: A team of Mumbai Police will visit TV actress Pratyusha Banerjee's boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh at Sai Hospital on Wednesday. This comes a day after Singh was booked for abetment to suicide in Pratyusha death case.
Singh's lawyer is expected to file for anticipatory bail on Wednesday.
Singh was booked over alleged suicide of Pratyusha after her mother accused him of threatening and assaulting her daughter. She has also told police that Singh used to ask awkward questions to Pratyusha about her ex-boyfriend.
Rahul was hospitalised after he claimed to be suffering from stress and depression.
Pratyusha's father claimed that his daughter was tortured by Singh. "We got a lot of cooperation from the police. We have faith in the judicial system. We will get justice. Rahul is a fraud and he has destroyed many lives. We don't want him to harm any one else. She was tortured and was very scared," said Pratyusha's father.
An FIR was filed in the case by Pratyusha's family. The lawyer said that after all the rumoured allegations against her about drugs, her pregnancy, it was very important to do an FIR. "The probe must progress. FIR was essential as there were too many rumours floating around. The FIR was filed to keep the probe on track," said the lawyer.
Pratyusha allegedly committed suicide at her suburban Goregaon residence on April 1.
Recommended For You
- DestinyColombia Plane Crash: Messi and Argentina Flew Same Aircraft Weeks Ago
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- Premier LeagueAguero, Fernandinho Get Red Cards As Chelsea Thump Man City to Stay Atop
- REST IN PEACEBodies of Brazil Football Team Killed in Crash Arrive Home
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet