1 Dead, 20 Injured as Car Plows Into Times Square Crowd
A car that plowed into a crowd of pedestrians in Times Square killed one person and injured about 20 others.
Police do not suspect a link to terrorism and the driver was taken into custody to be tested for alcohol. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)
New York: A car that plowed into a crowd of pedestrians in Times Square killed one person and injured about 20 others.
A law enforcement official told The Associated Press that the driver was taken into custody after the Thursday lunchtime crash and is being tested for alcohol.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing. Police do not suspect a link to terrorism.
Television images taken at the scene showed people being taken away on stretchers.
The car came to rest with two of its wheels in the air, leaning on a lamppost and steel barriers intended to block vehicles from getting onto the sidewalk.
Recommended For You
- These Chinese Quiz Games Are Offering Millions of Cash Prizes For 10-Second Rapid Fire Questions
- I am Learning Everyday as Captain, Says Kohli as India Aim to Bounce Back in Johannesburg
- All-New Maruti Suzuki Swift First Drive Review: Everything Done Right
- Sonam Kapoor's Latest Fashion Experiment Is Winning Our Hearts; See Pics
- Stop Monkeying Around, Farhan Akhtar & Prakash Raj Tell Satyapal Singh; Minister Defiant