DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
1 Dead, 20 Injured as Car Plows Into Times Square Crowd
Police do not suspect a link to terrorism and the driver was taken into custody to be tested for alcohol. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)
New York: A car that plowed into a crowd of pedestrians in Times Square killed one person and injured about 20 others.
A law enforcement official told The Associated Press that the driver was taken into custody after the Thursday lunchtime crash and is being tested for alcohol.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing. Police do not suspect a link to terrorism.
Television images taken at the scene showed people being taken away on stretchers.
The car came to rest with two of its wheels in the air, leaning on a lamppost and steel barriers intended to block vehicles from getting onto the sidewalk.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017