DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
381 Students Hospitalised in China For Norovirus
Beijing: As many as 381 students were hospitalised in northeast China after an outbreak of contagious stomach bug norovirus in a school, authorities said today.
The students from the No 2 Experimental School in Fuyu, Jilin Province, showed symptoms of vomiting, diarrhea and fever Tuesday night, according to the city government.
Medical staff later found that the school's filtered water supply contained excessive bacteria, while samples of the students' vomit tested positive of norovirus.
The school has more than 10,000 students, with about 8,000 boarding on campus. It provides filtered water to the campus via a pipeline. All water has been now turned off within the school.
125 students had been discharged from hospital, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Investigation into the cause of the contamination continues.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar