5.5 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Nepal
A man mapping the intensity of earthquake. (File Photo)
Kathmandu: A moderate intensity earthquake measuring 5.5 on the Richter Scale shook Nepal in the early hours on Monday.
According to the National Centre for Seismology, a unit of Ministry of Earth Sciences, the quake occurred at 5:05 AM at a depth of 10 km.
The epicentre was located at Solukhumbu district near the Everest region, around 150 km east of Kathmandu, Nepal's National Seismological Center said. It recorded the intensity of the quake at 5.6.
This was the 475th aftershock, of magnitude 4 and above, of the devastating April 2015 temblor in the quake-prone Himalayan country.
There was no immediate report of any damage or casualty.
The earthquake was also felt in Kathmandu and other parts of central and Eastern Nepal.
Recommended For You
- Ravi Shastri To Apply For India Coach Job, Has BCCI Assured Him Post?
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- Lipstick Under My Burkha Trailer: Daring Portrayal of Women Liberation
- 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift Review: A Charming Drive, For Drivers and Drivens Alike
- Antalya Open: Ramkumar Stuns World Number 8 Thiem to Enter Quarters