5.7 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Off Indonesia
A man mapping the intensity of earthquake. (File Photo)
Jakarta: A shallow undersea quake of magnitude of 5.7 struck eastern parts of Indonesia on Wednesday, the meteorology and geophysics agency said. No tsunami warning was issued.
The quake struck at 9.42 a.m. (local time) with epicentre at 86 km northeast Maluku Tenggara Barat and at depth of 10 km under the sea bed, Xinhua news quoted an official.
Indonesia is prone to quake as it lies on a vulnerable quake-hit zone called "the Pacific Ring of Fire". No casualties were reported.
Recommended For You
- D-DAY POSTPONEDSupreme Court Adjourns BCCI-Lodha Panel Verdict Till Friday
- Can't wait!Koffee With Karan: The 100th episode featuring Salman, Arbaaz and Sohail is going to 'Khantastic'
- EXCLUSIVE PICTURESSourav Ganguly - Dada of Gully Cricket
- Dead Rises AgainThe Mummy Trailer: Tom Cruise Starrer Reboot Rides High on Action
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet