5.7 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Off Indonesia
A man mapping the intensity of earthquake. (File Photo)
Jakarta: A shallow undersea quake of magnitude of 5.7 struck eastern parts of Indonesia on Wednesday, the meteorology and geophysics agency said. No tsunami warning was issued.
The quake struck at 9.42 a.m. (local time) with epicentre at 86 km northeast Maluku Tenggara Barat and at depth of 10 km under the sea bed, Xinhua news quoted an official.
Indonesia is prone to quake as it lies on a vulnerable quake-hit zone called "the Pacific Ring of Fire". No casualties were reported.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?