DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
5.7 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Off Indonesia
A man mapping the intensity of earthquake. (File Photo)
Jakarta: A shallow undersea quake of magnitude of 5.7 struck eastern parts of Indonesia on Wednesday, the meteorology and geophysics agency said. No tsunami warning was issued.
The quake struck at 9.42 a.m. (local time) with epicentre at 86 km northeast Maluku Tenggara Barat and at depth of 10 km under the sea bed, Xinhua news quoted an official.
Indonesia is prone to quake as it lies on a vulnerable quake-hit zone called "the Pacific Ring of Fire". No casualties were reported.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Roger Moore Had Prouder Achievements Than Playing James Bond
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- With An Arched Brow, Roger Moore Found Humor In Bond, Life