5.7 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Off Indonesia
A man mapping the intensity of earthquake. (File Photo)
Jakarta: A shallow undersea quake of magnitude of 5.7 struck eastern parts of Indonesia on Wednesday, the meteorology and geophysics agency said. No tsunami warning was issued.
The quake struck at 9.42 a.m. (local time) with epicentre at 86 km northeast Maluku Tenggara Barat and at depth of 10 km under the sea bed, Xinhua news quoted an official.
Indonesia is prone to quake as it lies on a vulnerable quake-hit zone called "the Pacific Ring of Fire". No casualties were reported.
Recommended For You
- Honda CLIQ Review: The Grown-up Navi That's Not Just Another Activa
- Jason Roy Dismissed in the Most Unusual Way Against Proteas
- Jagga Jasoos: Katrina, Ranbir Look Adorable in the New Song Jhumritalaiyya
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Srikanth Reaches Australian Open Super Series Final After Big Win