6.7 Magnitude Quake Strikes China's Xinjiang
(Image only for representational purpose)
Beijing: A powerful 6.7-magnitude earthquake jolted Aketao County in the quake-prone Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region tonight, state media reported.
The quake hit Kizilsu Kirghiz Autonomous Prefecture in Xinjiang, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the China Earthquake Networks Center (CENC) as saying.
There was no immediate report of any casualty or damage.
The epicentre of the quake was located at a depth of 10 km.
The United States Geological Service measured the quake at 6.5 magnitude.
Recommended For You
- DestinyColombia Plane Crash: Messi and Argentina Flew Same Aircraft Weeks Ago
- Premier LeagueAguero, Fernandinho Get Red Cards As Chelsea Thump Man City to Stay Atop
- ArchrivalsIndia, Pakistan in Same Pool of Hockey World League Semi-final 2017
- REST IN PEACEBodies of Brazil Football Team Killed in Crash Arrive Home
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet