6.7 Magnitude Quake Strikes China's Xinjiang
(Image only for representational purpose)
Beijing: A powerful 6.7-magnitude earthquake jolted Aketao County in the quake-prone Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region tonight, state media reported.
The quake hit Kizilsu Kirghiz Autonomous Prefecture in Xinjiang, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the China Earthquake Networks Center (CENC) as saying.
There was no immediate report of any casualty or damage.
The epicentre of the quake was located at a depth of 10 km.
The United States Geological Service measured the quake at 6.5 magnitude.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology