7.2 Magnitude Quake Rocks El Salvador, No Casualties Reported
A man mapping the intensity of earthquake. (File Photo)
San Salvador: An earthquake measuring 7.2 on the Richter scale hit El Salvador and neighbouring countries on Thursday, although no damage or injuries have been reported yet, the Environment and Natural Resources Ministry reported.
The quake, which was felt all over El Salvador, forced various institutions to evacuate their personnel as a preventive measure against possible building collapses, EFE news reported.
Reports from different offices of the country's Civil Protection agency are being awaited.
The temblor's epicentre was located off the coast of the city of Usulutan, 100 kilometres (62 miles) from the Salvadoran capital and at a depth of 33 km.
Recommended For You
- World RecordSubstitute Bangladesh Wicketkeeper Imrul Kayes Sets World Record
- revisiting old times!Rekha Is Ditching Kanjivaram Saris For Something Strange These Days
- #GharWapsi'I Am Born Congressman' Says Navjot Singh Sidhu, Twitter Goes Beserk
- The Next GalaxySamsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know
- Musical magicJaipur Literature Festival 2017: Shillong Choir, Raghu Dixit, Swanand Kirkire to Perform This Year