7.2 Magnitude Quake Rocks El Salvador, No Casualties Reported
A man mapping the intensity of earthquake. (File Photo)
San Salvador: An earthquake measuring 7.2 on the Richter scale hit El Salvador and neighbouring countries on Thursday, although no damage or injuries have been reported yet, the Environment and Natural Resources Ministry reported.
The quake, which was felt all over El Salvador, forced various institutions to evacuate their personnel as a preventive measure against possible building collapses, EFE news reported.
Reports from different offices of the country's Civil Protection agency are being awaited.
The temblor's epicentre was located off the coast of the city of Usulutan, 100 kilometres (62 miles) from the Salvadoran capital and at a depth of 33 km.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show