7.2 Magnitude Quake Rocks El Salvador, No Casualties Reported
A man mapping the intensity of earthquake. (File Photo)
San Salvador: An earthquake measuring 7.2 on the Richter scale hit El Salvador and neighbouring countries on Thursday, although no damage or injuries have been reported yet, the Environment and Natural Resources Ministry reported.
The quake, which was felt all over El Salvador, forced various institutions to evacuate their personnel as a preventive measure against possible building collapses, EFE news reported.
Reports from different offices of the country's Civil Protection agency are being awaited.
The temblor's epicentre was located off the coast of the city of Usulutan, 100 kilometres (62 miles) from the Salvadoran capital and at a depth of 33 km.
Recommended For You
- DestinyColombia Plane Crash: Messi and Argentina Flew Same Aircraft Weeks Ago
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- SnapshotVirat Kohli, Anushka Sharma Attend Yuvraj Singh's Wedding in Goa
- REST IN PEACEBodies of Brazil Football Team Killed in Crash Arrive Home