DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
8 Policemen Killed in Taliban Attacks in Afghanistan
Representative Image (Courtesy Reuters )
Kandahar: An Afghan official says eight police have been killed in attacks on three checkpoints in southern Kandahar province.
Zia Durani, spokesman for the provincial police chief, said Thursday the Taliban attacked police checkpoints overnight in the districts of Khakrezm Arghistan and Nasheen.
Durani says 22 Taliban fighters were also killed in the attacks. The fighting was particularly fierce in Nasheen district, he says.
Taliban spokesman Qari Yousof Ahmadi claimed responsibility for the attacks.
Elsewhere, in western Hirat province on Thursday, a Taliban gunman attacked an army bus, killing one officer and wounding two others, according to Jilani Farhad, spokesman for the provincial governor.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar