DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Afghan General Muhayuddin Ghori Dies in Helicopter Crash
Afghan General Muhayuddin Ghori (inset) Dies in a Helicopter Crash (representative image) in Baghdis province on the border with Turkmenistan
A senior Afghan, who commanded an army corps in the western region of the country, died when his helicopter crashed on Tuesday, officials said.
General Muhayuddin Ghori, commander of the 207th Zafar Corps based in the city of Herat, died after the aircraft he was in went down in Baghdis province on the border with Turkmenistan, Farhad Jelani, a spokesman for the provincial governor, said.
There were no reports of enemy fire in the area, he added.
President Ashraf Ghani and the NATO-led Resolute Support mission in Kabul issued statements expressing their condolences.
Recommended For You
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande