China Issues Yellow Alert for Typhoon Tokage
Beijing: China's national observatory on Sunday issued a yellow alert for typhoon Tokage that will bring gales to some southern coastal regions.
Tokage, this year's 25th typhoon, was on the central part of South China Sea at 5 a.m. on Sunday and moving northward at a speed of 5 to 10 km per hour, Xinhua news agency cited the National Meteorological Centre as saying.
The typhoon will turn southwest from Monday with force gradually dwindling, the NMC said.
Affected by the typhoon and cold front, coastal areas of Zhejiang, Fujian, Guangdong, Hainan provinces and Guangxi Zhuang region will be swept by strong wind, according to the NMC.
The NMC advised local authorities to take precautions against the typhoon and ships in affected regions to go back to ports.
China has a four-tier colour-coded weather warning system, with red representing the most severe weather, followed by orange, yellow and blue.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- Top T20I Bowler Imran Tahir Has No Takers in IPL Auction